VACUUM GRIPPER SYSTEM – VGS™
MAKES SELECTION EASY AND DIMENSIONING RIGHT
Piab’s decentralised vacuum gripper system, VGS™, is a
product solution integrating high quality suction cups with
• VGS™ makes selection, sizing and installation of a vacuum
system much easier. Design and dimension mistakes for the
vacuum system will be avoided.
• You will enjoy the benefits of a more efficient and reliable
• Increased machine speeds can be achieved thanks to faster
response times with the vacuum source right at the cup and
better initial vacuum flow which will grip the object faster.
• The decentralised approach provides safety with one
vacuum source per suction point. It also eliminates flow
losses in long vacuum hoses, making maximum use of
• VGS™3040 with integrated energy saving functions like
Vacustat and AQR02 (Atmospheric Quik Release) is a
pioneering product and the world’s most energy efficient
concept for vacuum handling of sealed parts, such as glass
and metal sheets.
• Vacuum controlled proportional pressure regulator, a fully pneumatic device suitable for air driven ejectors /
• The feed pressure to the vacuum pump / ejector is automatically regulated and controlled to maintain the set
vacuum level. Air / energy usage is kept to a minimum for the application (optimised).
• Recommended for leaking and sealed applications to save energy and secure the right vacuum level.
• Extra port for vacuum gauge.
• Air ventilation port with filter.
• Swivel compressed air connections.
• piSAVE optimise gives maximum feed pressure / flow to vacuum pump / ejector until vacuum level starts to
• Separate mounting bracket kit.
• Upgrade kit - available as an integrated module for piCLASSIC and Classic vacuum pumps.
• Independent pneumatic air-saving device for vacuum pumps.
• Adjustable vacuum controlled 2/2 NO valve.
• Available with large hysteresis for object handling and small hysteresis for process applications.
• The Vacustat is recommended for vacuum pumps in non-leaking systems.
• The vacuum pump must be fitted with a non-return valve.
• Equalises pressure in the suction cups to provide fast release of the product.
• Extra fast release by accumulating and utilising the feed-air pressure as a boost.
• ON / OFF activated simultaneously with the ejector.
• No additional controls required - use a single 3/2 control valve for the ejector and piSAVE release.
• Vacuum check valves which allow a few suction cups to miss the object(s) and still maintain enough vacuum
level in the system with quick response and release times.
• The vacuum check valves shall be used in a centralised vacuum system, one for each suction cup.
• Designing with vacuum check valves will require a smaller vacuum pump and save energy.
• Suitable for handling different size or different number of leaking objects such as MDF boards, corrugated
cardboards, with a flexible handling device.
• Also suitable for objects with surface leakage around the lip of the suction cup.
• Available in three sizes with different flow performance / characteristics to suit different degree of leakage.
• The valves are integrated in an AI-fitting with female and male threaded connections to facilitate installation.